Had this, a Sicilian white [Bianco di Sicilia] a few days ago, and enjoyed its fruity freshness as much as I enjoyed the Vieux Papes. Both are very much alike, I think. As I can never come up with a wine buff’s description but can only say if I like it or not, let me here quote that and more from the label on the back of the bottle:
- “Piccolo Fiore celebrates the picturesque hillsides near our vineyards where beautiful flowers dot the Sicilian landscape.
- Lively, sun-ripened flavors of crisp apple and rich pear.
- Pair with pasta or risotto with fresh shellfish.
- Hillside vineyards that benefit from Sicily’s perfect mix of sun and sea.
- Trusted viniculture pratices minimize environmental impact by promoting healthy soils and conserving water.”
Unfortunately here, in Texas, I can’t follow the recommendation at the bottom of the label: “Please, recycle.”